Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sick

Yes folks, I am officially sick. I haven't had a cold in over a year. So my wellness streak is over. So far I only have a stuffy nose and a sore throat. But I have the kind of sore throat that makes your ears itch inside. I felt it coming on a few days ago, so I have been sucking on cough drops. Well now I am in full blown sick. I really hate taking over the counter medicine. Yea, it helps but I feel worse after I take it.

So I think I will have to go and get me some apple cider, a few cinnamon sticks and some rum. That's right, I am going to make a hot toddy! If I'm going to feel like shit, I will be drunk doing it! Ha! I haven't had a hot toddy since I was a kid. Yes, folks my mother used to ply me with liquor to get rid of a cold. ( Just kidding) Half the time she didn't even put liquor in mine. If she did it was only a cap full. I used to have rum in my house, but the MIL threw it out. That pissed me off. It's not like I was drinking it, I was using it to cook with. And it wasn't even good rum. It was that crappy $2.00 a bottle Kroger shit. Still she threw out my hooch! So now I have to go to the store buy more rum and apple cider to make my feel better drink.

Well in knitting news, I have made two doilies for the MIL. I knitted one and crocheted the other one. As I was crocheting, I realized that I knit faster. And that I hate doilies. I'm not a fufu kind of girl. I see doilies as and old lady thing. But the MIL has this big ass house with all this old lady furniture in it. Since I'm such a nice person, I told her I would make her a few. I am knitting the last one right now, so I should be done some time today with it. I am still working on a pair of socks and a sweater for Makayla. I am half way done with the sweater. All I have left is the sleeves and sewing it up. The sock, I have a little ways to go on that one.

Well I'm off to get the stuff to make my drink. I know it's not five o'clock yet, but hey I'm sick. Does it really matter? Oh and I'm still waiting on Juan Valdez to come over. That bastard stood me up again this morning.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Get well soon Heather :-) I have been knitting with the yarn you sent in the SP10 parcel. Wonderful yarn! Lots of love from us here...