Saturday, August 11, 2007

Weird People

I just came from Hobby Lobby since they are having a 50% off sale on all kinds of notions. So I had to get more needles and stuff. Anyways, as I was standing in a VERY long line, I starting thinking about how people are weird. A few days ago I was in a check cashing place paying my phone bill when this lady out of no ware asks me a question. Here is how the conversation went...

Weird lady: " Oh My God! Where did you get your hair dyed at? I just love that color. What color is it so I can get my hair dyed that color?"

Me looking at the lady like she is crazy: " Um, I got it done by Genetics. And I have know idea what to call this color, maybe dark blond light brown with a little red mixed in."

Weird Lady: " Genetics? Is that a salon?"

Me trying not to laugh: " It's not a salon. You know genetics, like DNA from my parents."

Weird Lady: " Oh I'm sorry I thought it was a new age salon."

Well the lady left and I finished paying my phone bill and the girl behind the counter was laughing the whole time. She said," I almost peed my pants. Now that woman does not need to dye her hair any more, I think all the dye got to her brain."

So as I was thinking of that and it made me laugh. You know when you remember something funny you laugh out loud. Well I was by myself and I laughed out loud. So now I feel like one of those weird people. So the person in front of me turned and gave me a odd look. So I said, " what? I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing at something the weird lady said to me." Okay by now that guy thinks I'm crazy and I laugh at invisible people. So knowing me, I start talking to myself. (Trust me this line was really long and I had been standing in line for over 15 minutes and I wasn't even half way there.) I also hate when people get in line behind you and they are like 2 inches away from you. I like my space people! So the guy in front of me moves up a little from me. I moved a little to get some space between the lady behind me. Well she moves up to. And she was so close I could feel her body heat! Well I just had to bring out the invisible cell phone. So I had a fake fight with the invisible person on my invisible cell phone. I was hoping she would notice that I was crazy and back off. She didn't. So then I was talking to my invisible kids. So I said, " leave that nice lady's cart alone! People don't like it when you touch their stuff! Now get over here and stand next to me and don't touch anything!" ( I acted like the girls were with me.) I think the lady got the point and she backed waaay off. By this time I had been standing in line for 25 minutes. ( they only had one cashier working) Well now I know how to get people not to stand so damn close to me in line.

I usually don't talk to myself. I just thought since they thought I was already crazy, why not roll with it. So I guess today has been really fun. Other than that, I started knitting a hat for Makayla for school. I know it's August, but I also have to knit a hat for Bryanna. Then they both want scarves. So I'm hoping I can get that all done before it gets cold out. Plus I have 2 different pairs of socks still on the needles. Then there are the 2 quilts I need to make. I need to get on the ball and finish these projects.

1 comment:

Leonarda said...

Holly Schlaack provides us a guide to the excruciated world of manylittle children. She tells their narratives of life both before and after they enter foster care. Her firsthand, on the ground experience is encapsulated in her list of "A Dozen Ways to Make a Difference," so that the reviewer will be not only involved by these stories but shown a map to help make life better for them. I recommend Invisible Kids for any professional or private citizen who concerns about children. (www.InvisibleKidsTheBook.com)