Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Day at Church

Alright, I am not an avid church goer, but James wants to start going to church. I am fine with that. The only thing I am not fine with is, his religion. I was raised some what catholic. I know just about everything about the catholic religion. James' family is "christian."

When I say "christian" his family are the flip flopping on the ground, talking in tongues and getting the "holy spirit" in ya type of people. That is all good, but that type of thing is not for me. I'm sorry that shit freaks me out! When I go to church, I don't expect people to flop around on the damn floor and talk some gibberish. When I go to church, I expect singing, and hearing the sermon.

Then after church, James called "mother." She asked me how I liked church. I told her, I really didn't like it. Then she got mad at me. I told her the reason I didn't like it was because, how I was raised people don't flop around on the floor, and when people did that they were possessed. I don't care how you explain it to me.,when you talk in tongues and flop around on the floor and the " holy spirit" is in you, you are possessed. I guess I offended her in some way. I was honest with her and I tried to say it in a way that wasn't mean. Oh well.

So James and I have agreed that I will go to my catholic church and he will go to his church. Every other weekend we will switch children so they will get something different out of church. I really don't agree with that, because I don't want my kids around that craziness. I can kind of deal with that agreement. Marriage is 50/50 so here is my 50/50 part.

No comments: