Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Quitting is the Hardest Thing to do

James and I have decided to quit smoking. Since his boss is a smoker and he is on vacation, it will be easier for him to quit. As for me, I think I have finally had it. When it's 2 am and your in your underwear and your out of cigarettes, if you have to get dressed and go to the store to get more, then that is a major problem. I'm just sick of how much cigarettes cost and how I have to worry about, do I have enough to get me through the day. I totaled up how much money in a week James and I spend on cigarettes. We spend 80$ a week on cigarettes! Holy shit that is a lot of money!

So tomorrow is the day that we both stop. I just hope I don't kill the kids. I use smoking as a stress reliever. So when James gets home we are going to the store and stocking up on gum and hard candy. I don't want to use the patch or the nicotine gum. The reason is that, that stuff costs more than a carton of cigarettes. So it is useless to buy it, when I could pay less for cigarettes. Hopefully we can finally quit. I know it will be hard, but now I'm wishing that I had never started. Smoking is more addicting than heroin. It might take a few tries to quit, but I am finally ready. I have been wanting to quit for a while, but I guess I wasn't fed up enough.

Our plan is, the money that we don't spend on cigarettes this summer will be saved and then we will go on a nice vacation. The last vacation we took was last summer. We took the girls to Cincinnati, and Kentucky. That was not much of a vacation, but the girls had a blast. The girls want to go to Disneyland. I don't think they would have that much fun there. We will have to take them to Kings Island first to see how they do on the rides. I think they would have more fun playing in the ocean than in a amusement park. Plus I have never seen the ocean.

Tomorrow is D-day, and I might end up going coo-coo. But I have to try and stick with it. I know the girls will not have fun with me quitting. I think they will thank me later for quitting. At least I hope they will.

No comments: