Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Toes up


Well here is my first attempt at knitting socks from the toe up. I have been reading and looking at all sorts of things on the subject. I finally found a pattern that made sense to me. I did the backward loop cast on. I tried the magic loop and the figure 8. They both confused the hell out of me. Well so far so good. The only problem is, I think the sock is going to be to wide. I might have to frog a little of it to make it fit. I have really narrow feet. And as you can see, I have a farmer's flip flop tan. Cute huh? ( ware flip flops until the snow is deep as my ankle, I know I'm very odd) Well after the little adjustment, my only worry is the turning the heel and the heel flap. I read the pattern but I guess I'll have to give it a whorl. So far these will be my September Socks for SAM4.
Well today was Bryanna's first day of school. After the bus mix up, things went well. She made a new friend named Dylan. I guess Dylan wanted to touch her hair. Then she played outside and made a place mat for school. She fell asleep on the bus on the way home. The bad thing is, if she's tired and doesn't want to be woken up, she is VERY mean. I guess she smacked the bus assistant and said " don't touch me!" So from what I gathered, she was having a no touching day. She gets those every once in a while.

No comments: