Friday, August 24, 2007

How Hot Is It?

Well according to Makayla as she was getting off the bus yesterday, " Mommy, it's frickin' hot!"

So far the past two days, kids have been getting out of school 2 hours early because of the heat. So I have been packing an extra juice in Makayla's lunch for the bus ride home. But today, she wants to buy her lunch. I think she just wants to get chocolate milk. I tried to explain that I could give her money to buy the chocolate milk, but oh well. She will figure out how bad the food is.

When I went to school, I never remember them letting us out early because of heat. I also remember going out for recess when it was soo cold, you would have snotcicles. I guess now a days, it's all about kids safety. Where the hell were those people at when I was little? Like I never had to ware a helmet, knee pads and elbow pads when I rode my bike. You just learned not to fall off as much with out the padding.

Okay, I know times have changed and it seems there are more crazy people out there now. But when I was out yesterday, I saw these two little girls, oh I'd say about 7, maybe 8 years old. Walking along a very busy street, with no parents in sight! WHAT THE HELL!!! Okay when I was that age, I remember walking with the neighborhood kids 2 blocks away to the convience store. For one that same road was not as busy as it is today. An two, where the hell are their parents!? I know I would not let Makayla and Bryanna walk along that busy road at that age, let alone go with out me with all the kidnappers and sex offenders out there. So I checked here to see how many were in the area of where those girls were walking. I guess it's different now that people know where the sex offenders are. All I had to worry about was some weirdo in a car offering me candy. I didn't know where they lived at. Now that I know where the sicko's are, it's scary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, now adays you really can't take an eye of the little ones even in their own backyards.

Hope your weekend goes great and I sent a card which may be in the spam folder.

happy knitting! Your Monkey Pal

Anonymous said...

Woot! You received it, I checked the wrong email, lol.

Have a good weekend, your Monkey Pal.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about this kind of stuff a lot. The world just kinda stinks these days. Ugh.