Friday, July 06, 2007

Weekend Plans

Well I have a lot of plans this weekend. Tonight after James gets off work, we are going to Chase and Mindy's house so James can get a engine and transmission for his truck. There is really nothing wrong with the engine and transmission in his truck now. The only problem is, he has a big ass hole in his radiator, so it over heats a lot. It doesn't matter to me because, his old engine and transmission is the exact same one that is in my Blazer. So that means, I can rebuild the engine that is in his truck now, take out my old engine, put the rebuilt one in and rebuild my engine. I will have a spare engine and transmission. Wow, that means the Balzer will never die! ( insert evil laugh here)

I also want to check out a new LYS. I like the other LYS, but they mainly have wool yarn. They only have one shelf of cotton or cotton blend yarn. I really can't stand wool yarn. It makes me itch something fierce. I can use wool if it's blended with cotton. But the cotton content has to be more than the wool. I know I'm very picky.

Even the selection at the other Lys is kinda slim. Then there is the parking factor. It is right on a busy street, with diagonal parking places. Troy is not the best place to find parking either. So when you park buy or near the store on this busy street, you have to floor it and hope you don't get hit when you are leaving. Plus there is this traffic circle thing that's in the way to. Oh I can park on a different street, but with all the NO PARKING signs I don't feel like walking a mile to get there. It's just a pain in the ass to go there. That's why I take one trip once a month and buy a lot, so I don't have to deal with it.

So I am hoping this Lys is a little better. If not, then I will have to check out Cincinnati's yarn stores. I really, really don't want to do that. Cincinnati is a long haul away. I really don't feel like driving an hour to go buy yarn. Oh there are a few other yarn stores in Dayton, but they all suck! They call them selves yarn stores, but there not. They have worse crap yarn than Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby.

So I guess I will be kind of busy this weekend. I'm hoping James and Chase can get that engine and transmission out and done by Saturday. More likely I will go help them. I don't want to spend all weekend out there because, I want to do my "dorky" yarn store thing.

No comments: