Monday, June 25, 2007

Learning a new Thing

I finished my mesh shopping bag. I tested it out today, and it can hold up to three 2 liters of soda. So that sucker is pretty strong. Now I need to make a few more. A few people asked me where I bought the bag at. I told them I made it and they didn't believe me. Just because I'm in my late 20's doesn't mean I can't knit. People act like knitting is just for the old ladies in the nursing home. Well screw those people. At least I know when it comes down to things I can make my own clothes and anything I want cheaper than buying it.

I have been wanting to learn how to knit socks on 2 circular needles. I have looked online and found a few places that show you how to do it. Here is the problem, I am the type of person that has to see it done in person before I get how to do it. I can look at pictures and read all I want, but I still have to see a live person show me. I have always been like this, even when I used to work at GM. They only had to show me how to do a job twice and I could do it with no problem. Another example, I was 6 and put up my Dad's old pup tent all buy myself. I only saw him up it up once.

I have looked on the calendar events for my LYS but, just my luck Deb is doing socks from the toe up only. I might just have to take a trip up there this week without the kids and see if she has time to show me. If not, I guess I'll have to wait until the next class.

1 comment:

Heather said...

did you try this site:
http://www.socknitters.com/Cyberexplain.htm