Friday, April 13, 2007

Yarn Store Trip

I went to Hobby Lobby to get some yarn today. I saw a project I wanted to do. I looked in the stash and I was almost out of yarn! I only had 4 skeins of yarn, and all of them were different. Damn, I need to pay attention to my stash better. So the project I want to do is a bag. It's a really cool messenger bag. I doubt that I will have it finished in two weeks when I start school, but I will sure as hell try. I got the pattern from http://www.interweave.com/knit/books/files/FolkBagsExcerpt.pdf

I couldn't find the yarn that is asks for, so I am using Sugar n' Cream yarn. The Dayton area sucks when it comes to yarn. I called my LYS in Troy, to ask Deb if she could order the yarn, but she said she could but it would cost me a lot. I would have to pay for the product, plus shipping, plus her cut of it. So I was like, yea okaay like that will ever happen. I am only one of a few people who like cotton/cotton blend yarns in her store. So she only stocks a few brands and there is only a little cubby hole of it there.

I looked online for they yarn, but it is a hard yarn to find or something. I did find it in one place with the colors, but they wanted 11$ a skein, plus 20$ to ship it! So in total I would have spent 86$ on yarn. I don't care if it is made of gold I wont spend 80$ on any yarn. What can I say I'm a cheap ass.

Sugar n' Cream yarn is 100% cotton which I like, plus it is 1.50$ a skein. I had to buy double since they don't come in 100g balls. So in total I spent 15$ for all the yarn I need. That is way better than 86$.

As for my Secret Pal, I have just ordered some yarn online for her. I have some neat plans for it. It is really hard for me to keep it a secret, but I'll try my best not to spill the beans. What I have planned for it, my Mom will probable would like to help me with it. She saw the show on t.v a few weeks ago. She thought it was neat and asked all kinds of questions about it.

Well I am off to knit that damn bag for school. Hopefully I can get it done by next Monday.

No comments: