Thursday, April 05, 2007

I'm getting old

Man am I getting old. It's 11 o'clock and I am awake. I woke up because of heart burn. Yes, heart burn. I never used to get heart burn, but now I get it at least once a week. The bad thing is, I am out of Tums. This really sucks. So I have had a glass of milk and a piece of bread hoping that it will go away. Oh and the really sucky thing is, is that acid reflux. That's what woke me up. I don't want to go into detail, but basically I was almost choking. I know TMI. ( to much info)

It is really starting to hit me, you know; getting old. I know, I know I'm not even 30 yet. But I am already starting to sound like and old woman. Okay for example, you know the kids and their cars. They have the really nice cars, cars nicer than mine; well like all kids, they like to listen to music very loudly. When I hear this loud music and by the way it's rap music. I find myself yelling at these kids to " turn that shit off!" What the hell has happened to me? I used to like rap music, now I can't stand it. Then I hear the loud bass of the speakers from their cars and that pisses me off. You know the BOOM BOOM BOOM shit. Then it hit me.. Oh.. My.. God, I am getting old. Then panic sets in. When did I turn into a 60 year old woman? I don't like loud things, I don't like to be in big crowds, I like to eat dinner early, and I like to go to bed early. Holy shit! I am a sixty year old woman!

What the fuck happened to me? I don't remember getting old. And they say your mind is the first thing to go. Well there ya have it, I have already lost my mind. No wait, I haven't lost my mind, it's called being a mother.

Okay, so I am starting to loose my mind. Back to the rap music thing. I can remember a time when I heard my mother say to me " turn that shit off!" Well that was 15 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I like all kinds of music. Can you believe that the 90's music is now considered oldies? For god sakes, they play it on the Mixx 107.7 ( local station) When I first heard this station they were a mix of 60's, 70's and 80's. Well move over 60's hello 90's. Holy Crap! I really am starting to feel like my mom. When she hears a song from her high school days, she goes on about where she was and what she was doing when she heard that song. Now I'm doing it. I have only been out of high school for 10 years.

Well before I know it I'll be 50. Man when I was younger I couldn't wait until I was 16. Then it was 18, then 21. It was all down hill from 21. That's right after I turned 25 I started to see that gravity thing mom was talking about. I don't have any wrinkles yet, but I have started to see gray hairs here in there. SFW, I have gray hair. So like they all say, getting old is hell. Guess what, they were right.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Oh dear, I think I must be suffering from it too, as I even say things and sound like my Mum as well. Its scary, but keep your chin up, you still have a whole life ahead of you!

Carolyn said...

We don't stop playing because we grow old,we grow old because we stop playing. I don't know who said that but it's the code I live by. In other words,if you're gonna worry about getting old, you will.Oh by the way I started going gray when I was in my twenties.

Yvonne said...

30 is the new 20!

Don't fret daaahhling. You look maaahvaalous.