Monday, May 29, 2006

Fun in the Sun

Today the pool was ready to swim in. The girls and I went and swam and played all day. I tried to teach Makayla how to go under water, but that didn't go to well. Then Makayla took Bryanna's little inner tube away and she went under water. But Mommy the lifeguard was right there.

That moment scared the hell out of me. It was like I couldn't get to Bryanna fast enough. It takes a second for your brain to register what is going on. But I got to her before her eyes went under. Bryanna can swim, she has been swimming since she was a year old. She took to water like a duck. I think when Makayla took her inner tube it scared her and she panicked. So after that, we all got out of the pool and had a class on pool safety. Tomorrow things will go better, now that they know what to do and what not to do.

I told James what had happened and he went to Wal-mart and bought both the girls life vests. So his rule is that if they want to go in the pool they have to ware them at all times. It is a good idea, but Makayla needs to learn how to swim some time.

She has the idea of the swimming part, but she gets freaked out when her lips touch the water. So I tried to teach her how to float on her back, that was even worse. Hopefully by the end of the summer she will be able to swim on her own.

No comments: