Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Has it Been that Long?

Well I got an invite to my 10 year High School Reunion. That's right, Wayne High School class of 1998 is having their reunion. I checked out the little website that was on the invite to see what it was all about. Half of the people I knew aren't even on there or are listed as missing. The only person I still talk to from high school is listed as missing. Well he's not missing, I know where he is at.

The reunion is being held at a bar in Dayton. Well I have never heard of the bar that the function is being held at. Plus they want $35 for a ticket to attend. Well, as I see it, I really don't want to pay $35 to see people I really didn't like. I hardly remember the people in my graduating class. I was in a work study program. So I was only in school for 3 hours a day. What can I say, the work study was for the bastard children of the high school.

Yes, I was a trouble maker in school. I think my freshman year of high school I only went for a few weeks at a time. I skipped school A LOT. My favorite one was when I skipped school to go bowling. That was great. I got caught the next day and the principal called me a whore. Yes he called me a whore because, I skipped with a bunch of my guy friends. That principal should have been fired for that but, like they would believe a trouble maker like me.

I got into a lot of fights to. But I was smart and never got caught for those. Oh, the stupid shit that I did in high school. I'm glad I got all of that out of my system before I got older.

So I just called my one friend from high school and told him about the shin dig. He thought it was funny that he was listed as missing. I told him we should go together and act like we were married. He was a bigger trouble maker than I was. He got into drugs really bad in school. So he is now just getting his life back together. I still don't know if I am going to go or not. I don't feel like it has been long enough to see those people.

Hell if I really want a reunion, I could just go to Wal-Mart once a week and see some of them. I try to avoid them when I see them. I don't know why I do, but I do. I really did not like the people in my class. I guess it was because I didn't "fit in" to a certain group. Plus I really didn't care either. I made sure people knew, I didn't give a shit what they thought about me. That's probably why they treated me like shit. When I went to school, I just wanted to be left alone. But you know I always has some stupid bitch, that wanted to look cool in front of her friends that would fuck with me. I guess we all had one of those.

Well this particular girl and I had problems since middle school. Before I got to high school, I was a band nerd. Well she sat next to me in my section. She was a chair ahead of me. I really didn't care. It was fun to have a class that I really didn't have homework in. Plus I liked music. Well this one day we had sort of a free day. The band teacher was doing his monthly interview kind of thing to see if you could move up to the next chair. I didn't do it because I really didn't care. Well this girl was across the room and threw a piece of her instrument and it hit me in the head. She threw it hard. I looked up at the direction that the piece came from and saw her laughing with her friends. I threw the chairs out of my way and proceed to kick her ass. I took the clarinet from her hand and beat her with it. Mind you I was 14. At the time I was also in Kung-Fu, so I knew how to kick ass very well. So after I kicked her ass I got taken to the principals office along with her. I told the principal what had happened and I didn't get in trouble. Well I got a detention for a week. She got suspended for a week. So that was the start of our feud. So all through high school she would fuck with me. Well she would try. All I had to do was just give her a friendly reminder when she was alone in the bathroom or something, that I would kick her ass again. I also told her I didn't care if I got suspended, because I really didn't want to be a school in the first place.

I guess I will still have to ponder on this one for a while. The function isn't for a few weeks. I kind of want to go, but then again do I really want to hang out with people I really didn't like. I guess it's like the saying, put want in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Reunions are super fun.