Friday, June 27, 2008

What a Sad Day

Well I went to my neighbors funeral today. It was a sad day. I was very sad to see Jean go. She was such a great woman. I learned a whole lot from her. I used to spend a lot of time at her house sitting on her porch listening to her and my Mom talk about how life really was. She had so many great stories about the depression and how she grew up. She was a great drinker to. Jean could out drink anyone I knew. Plus she never really hated anyone. Jean was always there to help in any way she could.

The service was nice and she looked at peace finally. Jean was battling cancer and once it hit her brain, she knew her fight was over. Jean was 82 years old. She had lived her life and she knew it was her time to go. I am glad that she is not suffering anymore. Towards the end, I saw her and I knew she just wanted to die. She was really ready to go. It made me sad that she was going to die. But I knew her day would come soon, once I heard that the cancer went from her lung to her brain.

Everyone had great stories about her. We all had fun talking about her life and all of the things she had done. She would rather us had a great time and drink a few beers, than us sitting around crying over her.

Well the girls had fun to. It rained while I was waiting on James to come to her house. The rain stopped and the girls went back out to play. Well, I knew they would get dirty. No big deal right? Nope! I didn't know they would find the biggest mud puddle in Jeans back yard and sit right in it and play. I just thought they would just run and splash through the small part of it. Well they went to the deepest part and sat right in it. So needless to say, they had a great time today.






1 comment:

Carolyn said...

The creatures from the mud lagoon. Who needs toys when you have a big old mud puddle to play in. Looks like they had a real good time.